There are two types of path that are defined by the point – through and via.
- VIA(0) – the point defines only the direction but the passes doesn’t require reaching it.
- THROUGH(1) – the calculated path passes exactly through the point.
- SMOOTH(2) - special smoothing
- POLISHING(3) - for polishing applications, moving average smoothing
In case of Via method new segment points are calculated according to the point stretch factor value. This means that for the segment P[n]-P[n+1] the new points Q[n] is proportional to SF[n] and Q[n+1] is proportional to SF[n+1]Points on a distance closer then the given value will be rejected.
In VIA method forces the AI to produce symmetric distances of additional Q points from the P point although the Q points belong to different segments, and therefore have different stretch factors.
- Makes rounding the corners symmetrical.
- Points on a distance closer then the given value will be rejected.
<Robot>.PassMethod = <Value>
Since Version 4.2.x
0 - 3
Through – 1
Via – 0
Smooth - 2
Polishing - 3
Task or Terminal
Modal Only .Valid for robots only.
Puma.PassMethod = 0